Monday, May 30, 2011

Packaging 101 - Pick Me



Packaging is key for selling a product.  It has to catch the consumers eye and stand out.  For example, take Publix Grocery Store and Kroger Grocery store.  Both sell store brand products.   Both are cheap.  One brand is eye catching and the other is not. Speaking for myself, I prefer to buy Publix brand rather than Kroger brand.  Why?  Because I find Publix packaging far more pleasing to my eye than Kroger. It is simple, white background, black text and one color object, all centered on the package.  Simple, crisp and clean. If this card above was sitting on a shelf with a different color banner and keepsake sticker, you most likely would have passed it up because it would have blended in with all the other colored cards, correct?  The key to making sure your card stands out of the millions of other cards is having a color that pops off the card.  In this instance, it would be white.  White...crisp, clean...draws the eye to the card, easier to read.  Far to often I find myself in the card isle, dazed and confused.  I cant see the cards because they all blend together.  Test it out.  Go to the card isle and see which cards your drawn to.  I can bet, its the simple cards...crisp, clean, easy to read.  I hope this tip is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment