Thursday, June 2, 2011

Easter 2011 Layout





Simple layout where the picture is worth a thousand words.  I love this background paper, "Spring Fever" by Fancypants Designs, it coordinated well with the theme.  First I did a dry brush of white paint, and placed my photo and did a very rough sketch box drawing around the photo.  The trim is royal blue velvet torn into trim and crumpled slightly for added interest.  Because the blue is so heavy, I had to balance that out with a piece of blue distressed ephemera and a piece of black and white gingham paper layered with Prima bling.  Yet, this  still didn't seem like enough for me, so I added a drop of yellow with a resin flower. Perfect! No, not perfect yet.  Now my layout seemed top heavy so I added a white wood element which I distressed a bit with some black Gilders Paste to the bottom of the layout.   Now its perfect!  I love this layout and will frame it to be hung on the wall.  

Thanks for stopping in to take a peek of my layout...live life beautifully...period, the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment