Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Halloween Mini


Whew! I finally finished the epic Halloween mini photo album I started about 2 months ago! It turned out fabulous. I was able to use past photos, present photos and have room for future photos. I used the "Haunted" paper collection by My Mind's Eye. The book measures 12x7, which I love! That size allows for lots of creative space and space for large photos. I used lots of seem binding as I do in most of my craft projects. I buy it in bulk from a company out of New York. (I'll do a post on that separate.) On the binding I made a dangle charm with various charms, a witch and leaves. At the bottom of the dangle charm I handmade the glass picture charm by sandwiching a collaged picture of a witch on top of some Prima paper between 2 glass plates. I then soldered the glass plates together. In the album I used a canvas to do one of my favorite techniques of photo transfer. I use Golden GAC 500. It works like a past. You brush it over the picture and place the picture face down onto your canvas and let it cure for 24-hours. After it has cured, spritz water over the paper/image and rub until the paper is gone and viola, you have a photo transfer!

I'll try to get a video of the album up soon. Thanks for taking a gander at one of my most prized possessions. I hope you like it. Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Hugs,
Tashia

No comments:

Post a Comment