Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Life's Little Interruptions!

This is the first I have thought about my fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner menu due to a waterfall of interruptions. So for my 4 followers and for those who peek in on occasion, here is what is going on. My sweet, precious pot-stirring three year old woke from a nap last Wednesday and could not physically move himself out of bed. He screamed out in pain as I picked him up from his bed. Ended the day by taking him to ER thinking he broke something after falling the previous Monday evening. X-rays were negative. By 8pm, he was running around like normal Wyatt! Thursday, woke up and ran around. Friday woke and couldn't get out of bed. Friday I rushed him to his physician who diagnosed him with Strep!? No signs of strep, no fever, no sore throat. But thankful thinking this would solve his problems. Well, not really. Saturday he woke up, got himself out of bed and was running around and I was thinking this was all behind us. 10:30am, mid stride, he froze, couldn't walk, too painful. My heart stopped, tears followed and I basically just dropped. I did the ugly cry all day. Sunday seemed to be a better day, less pain. However now, he has developed red spots on his legs and his left hand is swollen (not wrist). Feet swollen (not ankles). They are not hot to touch nor are they red or rashy which would indicate possible rheumatic fever. Monday I carry him and Parker back to the physician. I took Parker only because he developed a stuffy nose and just wanted to make sure he didn't have strep. Even though he had no sings of strep, I am at this point, just freaking out and need to ease my mind. Sure enough, he has strep! I am now sick as well. So here we all are, sick puppies. What a mess, right? While at the MD, she took some blood and started running all the tests. First one came back Monday evening showing his platelets were normal! I'll have more test results today. I don't know what to think at this point. I thank god for wonderful friends, family and most of all my wonderful Employer. Thank you for everything!

Take care guys.
Let go of whats gone and hold on like hell to what you got!

Tashia Boyd

1 comment:

  1. I'm keeping you and your family in my prayers and will pray that all is well and you get good news.

    ReplyDelete