Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heirloom Thanksgiving


It's the day before Thanksgiving and I have lots of prep work to do today so I'm not running around like a turkey with my head cut off tomorrow.  All my china and some of my glass heirloom are pulled from their resting places.  I sometimes feel sorry for them as they rarely get used.  I don't use the glass as much as they are very fragile and dainty and would be sad if I broke my grandmothers prized glass that my grandfather gave her. She had a lot!  He must have given her a piece of glass every month or so! 


Today husband is going to make the "J Alexander Orzo and Wild Rice Salad" that is his absolute favorite dish ever.  It has like 100 things in it....just kidding.  But it does have a lot of ingredients.  It's best served chilled.  I'll make half the dressing today which is from scratch: currants, Italian sausage, country bread and lots of herbs.....I''ll also need to make ahead the asparagus wraps: asparagus, goat cheese, orange zest, basil, prosciutto. Last but not least, raspberry sauce for the chocolate creme brulee:  home grown raspberries, sugar, water and corn starch.  I almost forgot the punch....

Well, I better get to working on things.
XOXO
Tashia

No comments:

Post a Comment